How Our Chiropractor in Killeen Can Help with Thyroid Disorders
According to the American Thyroid Association, around 20 million Americans have thyroid disease. If you have a thyroid disorder, you may be wondering about different ways to manage your condition. In addition to care from your primary doctor, many patients find relief from a thyroid disorder chiropractor. Here at Isdale Chiropractic Clinic in Killeen, TX, we often see patients suffering from symptoms associated with thyroid disorders. Here's what you need to know about this condition, and how chiropractic care can help.
Why Your Thyroid is Important
You've probably heard of your thyroid, but you may not know a lot about it. Your thyroid is located at the bottom front of your neck. It's a gland whose job is to produce thyroid hormone. This hormone controls your body's metabolism, which includes how quickly you digest food and how fast your heart beats.
Thyroid Disorder Symptoms
Thyroid disorder symptoms vary depending on type. Symptoms that may indicate a problem include:
- Unexplained weight loss or gain
- Feeling colder or hotter than most people
- Muscle or joint pain
- Changes to menstrual bleeding for women
- Changes in bowel movements
- Depression or anxiety
Types of Thyroid Disorders
There are several common types of thyroid disorders, including:
- Hypothyroidism: Also called underactive thyroid, hypothyroidism is when your body doesn't make enough thyroid hormone. In the U.S., Hashimoto's Disease is the most common cause of hypothyroidism.
- Hyperthyroidism: This is an overactive thyroid, which produces an excess of thyroid hormone. Grave's Disease is the most common cause of hyperthyroidism.
- Thyroiditis: This happens when the thyroid gland becomes inflamed.
3 Ways Chiropractic Care Can Help Thyroid Disorders
If you're looking for thyroid disorder treatment, look no further than Isdale Chiropractic Clinic. Here are three ways your chiropractor can help with thyroid disorders.
- A chiropractor can help lessen the many physical symptoms of thyroid disorders. These can include muscle pain, back pain, and inflammation. Many patients don't realize these symptoms are caused by their thyroid disease.
- Chiropractic care can be done at the same time as thyroid hormone replacement medication. The American Thyroid Association considers chiropractic care a form of complementary and alternative medicine for thyroid disorder patients.
- Your chiropractor can help advise you regarding wellness, including diet, lifestyle, and nutrition.
Thyroid disorders can be challenging health problems. A thyroid disorder chiropractor can help minimize your symptoms while you receive treatment from your primary physician.
Contact Our Killeen, TX Chiropractor Today
Our friendly staff here at Isdale Chiropractic Clinic is ready to help with your thyroid disorder treatment. To make an appointment with one of our chiropractors in Killeen, TX, call us at (254) 699-4004, or fill out our online appointment request form.