Sports Injury Diagnosis, Treatment & Prevention for Beginner to Elite Level Athletes in Killeen, TX
Whether you're just learning a new sport or at the top of your game, our Killeen chiropractor team can provide you with drug-free and non-invasive services to maximize your function and get you closer to your true athletic potential—all with minimal downtime and no adverse reactions.
Common Types of Sports Injuries Seen by a Chiropractor for Athletes
At our chiropractic clinic in Killeen, we can connect you with a chiropractor for athletes who can every sports star in your life. Our doctors have worked with people of all ages and athletic backgrounds struggling with common sports injuries:
- Plantar fasciitis - inflammation and irritation on the underside of the foot (arch)
- Shin splints (medial tibial stress syndrome) - microtears in the muscles and tissues on the front of the shin
- Whiplash and concussions - damage to the neck and head caused by impacts and collisions
- Tendonitis (especially in the shoulder, elbow, wrist, and knee) - inflammation and damage to overworked tendons
- Muscle strains and tears (especially in the back, shoulder, hip, and upper leg) - inflammation, damage, pain, and instability in overworked/under-trained muscles
- Nerve impingement (e.g., sciatica, radiculopathy, or peripheral nerve entrapment) -nerves at the spine or in the limbs can become pinched by misaligned joints, disc herniations, tight muscles, etc.
Many of these conditions can become chronic and recurring if they aren't properly addressed, and can severely limit a person's ability to perform to their best ability. That's why seeking treatment even for a seemingly "nagging" little issue can be so beneficial.
Why You Should Seek Chiropractic Care in Killeen, TX As an Active Person or Athlete
Our chiropractic care in Killeen, TX is perfect for athletes who want natural solutions to their pain. Treatments include:
- Chiropractic adjustments to realign spinal joints and improve the efficiency and function of your central nervous system
- Acupuncture and massage, to trigger healing, circulation, and pain relief
- Modalities to relieve pain, swelling, and inflammation (including electrical stimulation and cryotherapy)
- Nutritional therapy to help you optimize the health of your tissues and ensure you're getting enough energy and nutrients you need for quality work and recovery
We can also help you prevent injuries by identifying areas of weakness, muscle length imbalances, sensorimotor deficits, postural misalignments, and poor sports-specific movement mechanics and addressing them so can safely get more out of your training and competition.